Friday, April 9, 2010

We went swimming at the Aquatic Center this afternoon.  It was so fun.  We have been interested in getting Chloe started on swimming as soon as possible.  I have done a little research on YouTube and few other sites.  Basically, you just push the baby down into the water and I guess they will swim on their own.  I was a little skeptical and definitely a little scared.  Well, today after she warmed up, which didn't take long she was splashing and squealing after just a few minutes in the pool.  I decided to give the swimming idea a try.  First, I just did a quick dunk to see how she would react.  She didn't cry or even gasp, so I pushed her over to Mamaw and she swam underwater to her!!!  She came right up as if she had been doing it her whole life (and by whole life I mean 9 big months).  She swam underwater over and over.  She was very worn out after our little venture, so we dried off, and headed home for a nap.  Our little trip to the pool was pretty amazing.  Apparently swimming is very natural for bebes. 

Oh, Little Miss can drink out of a straw now and she says "dink" when she wants a little sip.  Growing up too, too fast.

1 comment:

  1. Our girl is growing up so fast, I can't believe she is swimming now. She is getting such a distinct personality too :)

    ReplyDelete