Sunday, May 15, 2011

Oh Garage Sales, how I love thee

I hesitated to buy this dollhouse, thinking that Chloe wouldn't like it.  Oh my, was I wrong.  She did not make a peep for at least an hour, we could not even get her attention.  She was fully focused on her new house!  It came with all the accessories, even a laptop computer. I got it all for $15.  The house alone sells for around $80. 
I couldn't pass this treasure up.  $15!!!! 


I bought this swingset for $100.  The guy actually wanted $150 for it.  He also had a trampoline that looked like it had hardly ever been jumped on.  I asked him if he was going to sell that also.  He hem-hawed around and said that he would sell it for $40, and that I could have the swingset for $100, SOLD! Pa and Mamaw had originally planned on getting the garden in the ground yesterday, oops. We ended up spending the rest of the day breaking down and setting back up all of our garage sale finds.  We couldn't have done any of it without you guys.  Thank you so much.  

2 comments:

  1. Lex you did an awesome job getting all this neat stuff for Chloe. She is going to have so much fun with this stuff for so many years to come. I can't believe how much she has played with that doll house. It is really neat to watch you take such good care of our baby doll.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Garage sales are the way to go!! I can shower my grandkids with stuff for a fraction of the cost and my presents have "experience". Mawmaw

    ReplyDelete