Sunday, November 29, 2009

Thanksgiving and Giving Thanks


Oh my, my, Pumpkin Caramel Cheesecake with candied pecans. Can I just say, UNBELIEVABLE!!!!


Doug was elected to carve the turkey this year.


Trudee joining in on the Lovefest


Mom and Uncle Mart........and I am not sure what is going on here.


Doug, Levi, and Chloe getting some rest before the feast


Mama and Chloe on Thanksgiving morn

Giving thanks! Wow, there is so much to be thankful for, where should I even start. Doug has been off work for the last five days and we have been having so much fun, it seriously should be illegal. We are so very thankful for Doug's vacation time. We have pretty much spent the last five days playing with our baby girl, visiting with family and friends, and of course eating, eating, and more eating. Does it really get any better than this? We are also thankful that my health has improved so much. I still have my issues, but it gets better a little at a time. It feels so good to be able to sit down and have thanksgiving dinner with the family. It was very hard for all of us when I could not eat with the family for several years. So I am very thankful that I am able to tolerate food again. We are thankful for too many things to list, but I can not forget the most beautiful gift that has been given to us, of course our baby girl. Thankful, Thankful, Thankful.

1 comment:

  1. This is such a cute post. First of all, OMG that cheesecake looks scruptuous. Is that how you spell it? Either way, awesome.

    I love the photo of Mart and your mom. I laughed out loud. Its so "them".

    Also, I still can't get over Levi with a goatee. It's just weird. He's still a little kid in my mind.

    ReplyDelete