Friday, September 23, 2011

Head-over-heels in Love

Hazel Leah is less than 48 hours old and we feel like she has been with us forever.  We already can't imagine life without her.  She is a very calm little gal so far and has only cried a few times.  Miss Chloe is over the moon about her baby sister "Fragile".  When she woke up this morning she yelled for Poppa and said "where is my baby sister, I need her". Chloe feels like such a big girl now.  It is kind of surreal, it seems like just yesterday that she was born.  Of course, I have completely fallen head-over-heels in love with Hazel.  She gets more and more beautiful every minute.  It is silly, but when I learned that I was pregnant again, I thought how could I ever love another child as much as I love Chloe?  Sure enough I love Hazel just the same.  I kiss her little head a million times a day and can't get enough of her baby smell.  I just want to inhale her little cheeks.  Doug and I are in heaven with our two little girls. 

4 comments:

  1. Lex did such an amazing job giving birth to our precious little baby girl #2! I fell in love with our lady when she was born and it's hard to imagine how much stronger the feeling grows every time I see her sweet little face. She has a very definite resemblance to Chloe when she was a baby and it is more evident each day.

    We love you little baby Hazel and look forward to each day of your life!
    love Poppa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats, Doug and family!!! What a beautiful addition!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am in awe of Doug and Lex and the connection they had at Hazel Leah's birth. What a wonderful experience to just set back and wait. I am so proud of you and so happy for your little family. You are all wonderful and I thank God everyday for you. Mawmaw

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations to you three on your new bundle of joy! Chloe is very blessed to have a little sister who will always be there for her no matter what. Enjoy every second they grow up too fast!

    ReplyDelete