Sunday, September 4, 2011

Project Completed !!!!!

See what extreme insomnia can accomplish! My Mom and I started this project about a month ago. I have been dreaming up ideas for a new bedspread for awhile.  This is not what I had in mind, but you know how projects grow.  We decided to finally tackle yet ANOTHER one of my ventures and headed to Rader's Fabric Store in Danville (one of my favorite places to go) and began picking out samples to work with.  We actually made Austrian shades for our bedroom a few years ago from the same fabric, so I wanted to incorporate them into the new bedspread.  I picked out the blue and originally was only going to have one stripe down the side.  My mom suggested that I put a few flowers on the one corner and the rest is history.  We hand made all the flowers (they are called yo-yo's) and spent many a sleepless night hand stitching them on.  And for the bedskirt, lets just say that I am really good at using a seam ripper now.  My good ole Ma ended up finishing that up for me after my frustration got the best of me. I am especially proud of the throw pillows.  Doug can't quite see the point in them, but what else is to be expected.  

So, here she is, FINITO! 

Oh, these yo-yo's have started a whole throw pillow craze.  My mom has made several sets of pillows for friends and family. I will post some pics of them soon.

2 comments:

  1. This project was great fun and it is always rewarding to make something so special together. I think it is AWESOME!! Mom

    ReplyDelete