Thursday, October 15, 2009

Carly-girl
It has been a year since our beloved Curly passed away. She was a truly awesome dog. Anyone who knew us, knew that we took our girl everywhere with us. She was a probably too smart for her own good. I remember the first time I took her to dog obedience. She literally made me drag her around the store. By the end of the class she was jumping through hoops and going up and down the teeter-totter like nobody's business. She was awarded with most improved in her class. I decided to continue on with the intermediate and advanced dog training classes. I always joked that my dog was "highly educated". I taught to her give itty bitty kisses, because I am not too fond of being licked in the face by a dog, so she would just give a tiny kiss. We learned so much together and grew closer, as we learned to trust eachother. Her given name was Carly, but she quickly acquired the name Curly, because she was always curling her fat body all around, especially when there was a tasty treat she wanted. We would tell her to make a cheerio and she knew that meant to curl her nose around to her little tail. Levi's name for her was Turkey burger, not sure why, but it kinda fit her for some reason. Curly started getting sick with leukemia around September last year, and before we knew she was really bad. Doug was in Las Vegas for work and she was getting worse by the day. I had to make one of the hardest decisions I've ever made. I had to let my girl go. She was suffering and I just could'nt let her live that way. As soon as they administered the sedative, I wanted to turn back and let her live just another day, but I knew I had to let her go. Our Carly was a wonderful companion and there will never be another like her. She had the silkiest coat and spunkiest personality. She was only five years old. We are grateful that we had five years with her. She was so much fun and taught us how much you can love a pet. Ironically, the next morning I discovered I was pregnant with Chloe!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. This made me cry. I know how much you loved her as a friend, not just a dog. She was really special and she was fortunate to have such wonderful owners to love her all the days of her life. Many dogs live long lives and never know the love that she experienced in her short time here.

    ReplyDelete