Sunday, December 27, 2009

The Exchange

We did our usual name exchange this year.  All the gifts had to be homemade with a $25 limit on supplies.  We had a blast this year.  I think the pictures show how much fun we had. We had a dim-sum dinner again this year with mango creme brulee and black forest cookies for dessert (yum)!! 



Levi made Doug this awesome painting.  It has already found a home in our hallway.  Looks great!

 
Mom made Aly this scarf and hat.  Of course she looks absolutely adorable in it.



Doug made my mom this 3-D  picture of Chloe with a tiny bit of help from me.  We stayed up until 3 O'clock in the morning cutting out flowers.  Some of the flowers have three or four layers.  We are pretty proud of it.  And as you can see in the pic Mom and Pop were thrilled!!!!


I made this 3-D Geisha for Levi. I need a better picture of it without a glare.  I will add that later.



Aly made this shadow box for Pop.  It is really neat.  She used some of his Vietnam memorabilia.  

For some reason I had to be blindfolded to receive my gift.  

As you can tell by Pop and Doug's faces I was very surprised.


Pops made me a bottle tree.  He had the stage set.  He had a pondfogger going and probably at least 30 sticks of  incense burning all over the tree.  It's all in the presentation!!!


1 comment:

  1. I love the way you guys do Christmas. That is how it should be.

    The fog and incense set up for the bottle tree unveiling is beyond awesome. Classic Jim.

    ReplyDelete