Monday, November 21, 2011

A Baker and a Woodsmith

Doug whipped us these tasty, little butterscotch maple cookies last night.  These are some of the best cookies I have ever had!  You can find the recipe here http://sugarcrafter.net/2010/11/05/maple-butterscotch-cookies
Doug finished up these nightstands he has been working on for quite some time.  Every weekend for I don't know how long he has been saying "I am going to finish those".  Well, he did this weekend! They are beautiful and they match the dresser he made for me a few years ago.  
And one more reason why Doug is the Man! Last Wednesday Doug told me that I needed to be home the next day, because he had a surprise for us that was going to be delivered via UPS. I had to sign for it (so that meant it was over a certain dollar amount, right?).  Hmmmm, I thought and thought and could not figure out what he had up his sleeve. We received our package Thursday evening and were ecstatic!   Poppa surprised us with an IPAD2.  He had a sweet message engraved on the back for me too.  Here is a pic of Chloe with "her IPAD".  She loves it and asks me "load more apps" constantly.  We have had to do a little time restriction here and there or she would play on it all day!  Thank you Poppa.  You are the best ever XOXOXOXO

1 comment: