Sunday, August 1, 2010

Kitchen Renovation has begun

My man is A-mazing!  Doug has been spending every extra minute after work and the weekends working on the kitchen cabinets. I can't believe how fast he is getting them done.  We brought the island in to see how it would fit. The next thing I knew, Doug was ripping out the carpet.  We decided to bring the rest of the cabinets in to make sure everything fit well.  It is so exciting to actually see it with our own eyes, rather than just dreaming of what it will look like.  Today Doug is working on the top cabinets and he expects to have them done this evening.  We will be taking everything back out of the room to put down wood floors, vault the ceiling, and how could I forget.... taking down the paneling YES!!!!!

The last two pictures are of Doug with his new beloved planer.  It was pretty hefty on the $$$ side, but he really wanted it, and needed it.  He has been planing until the wee hours every night.  Every time he planes, he comes in and gets me, so I can admire the beauty of each board with him :) 

1 comment:

  1. Soon it will be hard to even remember your dark and dreary back room. Just think of all the good food that will come out of this new kitchen. I can't wait!! Love ya

    ReplyDelete